Now my holidays have officially started, meaning i've got nothing much important on my calender, except for a few meetings with friends, old acquaintances.

Will probably read a few novels and to study them thoroughly to understand the dynamics of their writings and creativity.

Like i always say, "you've got to start somewhere". The oft-repeated phrase of mine.

A dose of Mikhail Bulgakov. Few tablespoons of Dr. Hunter S. Thompson. Dozens of Don DeLillo. A pinch of Chuck Palahniuk. Kurt Vonnegut. Maybe a few drops of Murakami.

Dan mungkin, jika berkesempatan, "Tenggelamnya Kapal van Der Wijck" oleh HAMKA.

I really enjoyed Haruki Murakami's short story, "On seeing the 100% perfect girl one beautiful April morning."

I will be guided by "how to write and speak better" by Reader's Digest.

And i'm trying to learn Arabic slowly. It's chronically slower than a tortoise with 2 fractured legs.

[Insert my favourite quote here]

Thought of going to Kelantan, but as usual, time is of the essence here, and in this moment, time is envious of me.

Now. Hopefully i will fare better with my self working hours. More discipline.

I used to be associated with that word. But i would love to be associated with much more meaningul words.

Like, "handsome". Or "Good looking".

Ok now. Start.

8 comments:

Rizal Abd Rahman said...

Way to go my friend.

QifA said...

good luck kat hang gak Rizal with whatever you're undertaking.

Perempuan beremosi tinggi. said...

The short story reminds me of a paragraph of a Thomas Ford's poem;

There is a lady sweet and kind,
Was never face so pleas'd my mind;
I did but see her passing by,
And yet I love her till I die.

(I never intended to leave a comment all this time I have been reading your blog -in fact, I couldn't remember how I got here at the first place, you're just there in my 'Favourites'- I am a random reader, just fyi.)

QifA said...

To peremuan beremosi tinggi, thanks a lot. i really appreciate your leaving a piece of Thomas Ford's poem in my humblog (humble-blog), a nice paragraph too i have to say.

And i'm pretty flattered to have been amongst your 'favourites'.

Thanks a lot.

And please, don't be afraid to leave comments here. I can't bite your in cyberspace. LOL

QifA said...

By the way, it would be interesting to read your thoughts. A blog perhaps in the future?

Perempuan beremosi tinggi. said...

I do have a blog. :)

But I'm afraid it's nowhere as matured or insightful as yours. Reading blogs like yours is quite a different side of me, my friends would have laughed their asses off if they found out I quoted a Thomas Ford on a random blog.

(But then again, I'm weird like that.)

Which is why, I'd like to remain anonymous (though it's not really that hard to find my blog even when I hide it from my profile -.-').

Er, happy berkenalan (?).

QifA said...

Would you care to give me the address of your blog?

matured and insightful? I found that statement rather funny.

Perempuan beremosi tinggi. said...

Maybe later. :)

top